Business & Economic Development
One of the primary objectives of the Port is to encourage economic growth within the valley. Through the years, the Port Commission has continued to support the reinvestment of property tax revenues back into the Port District through infrastructure and facility improvements rather than utilizing these dollars to fund general port operations.
The investment is intended to:
- Promote job creation
- Stimulate economic growth
- Provide incubator facilities for start-up businesses
- Support business retention/expansion of existing local industry
- Improve port properties to attract new business/industry
Based on a Tri-Port Economic Impact Study prepared by the University of Idaho, it is estimated that 1,888 jobs have resulted directly from Port of Lewiston activities.
Fiber Optic Network Feasibility Study 2012
Click here to download the printable version
For additional reference on our website, please visit:
- Lewis-Clark Valley information links listed under the Regional Resources tab
- Port’s Strategic Plan under the About Us tab
Community Economic Development Program
The Port of Lewiston offers the opportunity for communities in Nez Perce County to apply for funding from the Port’s Community Economic Development Program. Click here to download the program information to apply.